Here is another tomato recipe that I have on repeat these days, this fresh Pico de Gallo recipe. It’s a great way to enjoy fresh in-season tomatoes that are in abundance right now. It is a delicious appetizer or served on tacos. If you are a fan of lime you’ll enjoy this zesty salsa recipe.
This is a bright and refreshing take on salsa, almost on the opposite end of the scale from my Roasted Tomato Salsa. It is a nice balance with bright fresh flavours and a great way to enjoy the produce fresh from the garden at its peak.
When preparing this recipe, it’s important to dice the ingredients into small dice and to keep the dice consistent across all of the ingredients. This helps so that every bite can have a good mix of all the ingredients. I also like to let the salsa sit for about 15 to 30 minutes to allow the flavours to combine before serving. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for several hours or even a couple of days.
I enjoy this Pico de Gallo served with tortilla chips and a cold beverage on the deck or alongside some fish taco. I hope you enjoy it!
Pico de Gallo
- 3-4 medium Tomatoes, finely diced plum preferred
- ½ Onion, finely diced
- ½ medium Jalapeno, finely diced
- ¼ Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- Finely dice the tomato, jalapeno and onion.
- Combine with the cilantro, lime juice and salt, and mix well
- Let sit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes to allow for the flavours to mix before serving.
- Enjoy with your favourite tortilla chips or taco!