This iced latte recipe is a simple and delicious alternative to your classic latte for those hot summer days. The recipe only requires a few ingredients, and is very quick to put together. I find these are a great alternative to that afternoon coffee or latte.
How to make an Iced Latte
- Espresso Shot – you can use either a single or double shot of espresso, made using your normal machine and your favourite beans. Set aside the espresso as you prepare the other components to allow it to begin to cool off.
- Foaming Milk – In a container or jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the milk and maple syrup. . With the lid secure shake the milk until it foams. Alternatively, you could use a hand-held milk frother if you have one in your kitchen.
- Pour – Pour the espresso over ice in whatever serving glass you would like and then add the foamed milk.
I enjoy these iced lattes as an easy alternative to a traditional latte on those warm summer days. You can use this recipe as a starting point, and easily adjust the ratio, adding more maple syrup or milk to your taste.
These are a great treat to enjoy as you wander through the summer garden.
A delicious way to enjoy your latte on a hot summer day.
- 1-2 shots espresso
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- ½ cup milk
- 2 ice cubes
- Make your single or double shot of espresso and allow it to begin cooling.
- Combine maple syrup and milk in a container with a lid. Shake until you you see the milk has foamed.
- Pour espresso over ice in your serving glass, then top with foamed milk.